- We care, we're ready and we're safe!
- Why not follow us on Twitter @SaundersfootS
Estyn November 2019.
We are delighted to share with you the outcome of the recent Estyn inspection visit. Estyn have confirmed that the school has addressed all of the issues identified in the May 2018 inspection.
Key highlights from the report are:
- The standards of teaching and learning have improved significantly across the school.
- Teachers provide exciting, relevant learning experiences that engage pupils successfully.
- Teachers have high expectations that their pupils will work hard and try to do their best.
- All staff have worked hard to develop a consistent approach to providing feedback to pupils
- Collaborative working at all levels has improved since the core inspection.
- Teachers and learning support assistants know that their work is valued and are committed to achieving the best outcomes for their pupils
- The headteacher has managed the changes at the school thoughtfully. He has been consistent in his expectations that all teachers will take part in the school’s improvement journey. There is now a purposeful working culture at the school.
The school is committed to building upon these firm foundations, ensuring that all pupils make the progress of which they are capable.
To access the full report click here.
Thank you to parents and guardians who attended school for our open afternoon, sharing the learning journey we have gone on as a school. It was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon with children sharing and leading the learning for parents. The school is always looking for ways to improve, it has made significant progress during the past 14 months and is keen to maintain this development. Your views are important to us as a school and we encourage all parents to provide feedback helping the school continue its journey.
Message from our Mr Allen and the Governors.
Choosing the right school for your child is vitally important. Parents want a good education for their child but they also want them to be happy and to feel safe and secure. At Saundersfoot School we believe that we can offer all these things.
The dedication of all staff ensures that they support the development of resilient, creative and ambitious learners who will become positive members of the local and wider community. We also pride ourselves in having strong values within the school to drive good citizenship and help our pupils to be valuable members of our future society.
Reading about the school is helpful, however, visiting the school is essential so you can experience the nurturing, inclusive ethos within each class and the school.
Last term’s attendance was…