Croeso i Flwyddyn Tri! Welcome to Year 3!
- We care, we're ready and we're safe!
- Why not follow us on Twitter @SaundersfootS
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
What’s happening this term?
As part of our World in Union topic, this term we are focusing on our own locality. We launched our topic with a history trail of Saundersfoot where the children identified historical features of the village. Children had to take selfies and videos at certain locations across the trail which included the old coal house, harbour office, The Strand and the tunnels to Coppet Hall. Children gathered information in small groups lead by the teachers, volunteer parents and governors. At the end of the trail, children had to use a map to find and dig for treasure on the beach.
Some of the questions that the children generated during our EPIC (everyone planning in class) session included:
- How is coal formed?
- Why is coal black?
- Who was the King or Queen at this time?
- Who were the Vickerman family?
- Where did the coal go?
- Did children work in the mines?
- Did children go to school?
- How did they see underground?
We plan to explore some of these questions over the Spring term. Here are some of our curriculum topics:
- Expressive Arts: William Morris and Romero Britto.
- Languages, Literacy, Communication: Oliver Twist
- Science and Technology: Light and Dark
- Humanities: History of coal industry and the Victorian era.
We are looking forward to a visit from a member of the Saundersfoot Historical Society and we are very excited to take part in a local art project.
Our Photo Gallery