Croeso i Flwyddyn Chwech! Welcome to Year 6!
Year 6 News…
We kickstarted our year with a triathlon at school to celebrate Iron Man. We all enjoyed completing Zumba, running and circuits!
Year 6 have recently visited Carew Control Tower to launch their World War II topic. We are very grateful to the volunteers for giving up their time to share fantastic stories and local information. Diolch yn fawr!
Mr Tom Davies from Sport Pembrokeshire has been in to help us to develop our leadership skills. We are looking forward to putting this into practice in the playground with younger children
Year 6 Photo Gallery
What has happened so far?
What’s happening this term?
Here is what we will be studying this term:
· Humanities: We are learning about Patagonia. We will be looking at migration, location and the links between our countries.
· Literacy: Our novel is R J Palacio’s ‘Wonder’. We will also be analysing poetry linked to wellbeing. We will be writing setting descriptions, discussions, our own poems and lots more.
· Numeracy: Over the term, we will be exploring division, fractions, decimals, percentages and area and perimeter.
· Science: We will be exploring habitats and adaptation.
· Welsh: We will be learning to share opinions linked to our Patagonia topic. We will also be learning a welsh poem to recite in preparation for the Urdd Eisteddfod.
· Expressive Arts: We will be studying the work South American artist Frida Kahlo and recreating our own. We will also be learning some Welsh songs in preparation for St David’s Day.
· Health and Wellbeing: We will be enjoying netball, gymnastics and circuits. We will be looking at the key themes of our novel Wonder in our wellbeing lessons.